Thursday, January 3, 2013

Workout idea #1

If you don't have time to go to a gym class, here is a workout I did today with a friend that was definitely challenging to me!  (of course if it is too easy or too difficult feel free to modify!) 

Cardio (20-25 minutes) > I ran 2 miles.

Strength : 
- 5 minutes of the ab workout ( see my earlier post about the above workout app)

- Kettle bells:  1)12 reps of this movement: (the position of the back is crucial when using kettle bell by the way, don't feel bad asking for help if you are doing it by yourself at the gym.) I used a 15 lbs one for this first two exercises, 10lbs for the last one I think.

2) Then 12 reps of this exercise (works the tights!!!!): 
3) And finally 12 reps of this exercise: 
Repeat the kettle bell circuit three times. 
I used this website to find the kettlebell exercises, it is very helpful. 
http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/kettlebellexercises2_2.htm

 - A few more planks a then I was exhausted lol. 
On the better side I ran 5 miles so far this week so I have 495 more to go to complete the 500 miles challenge! And I had a taco salad for lunch it was good (unrelated topic haha.) 








No comments:

Post a Comment