Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cross fit app

Found a great Cross Fit app! > Circuit Training Assistant
If you like or want to try TABATA, HIIT, AMRAP or EMOM routines, it is perfect! 

I have done a cross-training (which is cross-fit) class at the Y before; I remember hearing it was intense before but I did not think much of it. The first session is always painful. If you ever watched the Biggest Loser, well, you will feel like the participants feel at their very first workout with Jullian Michael (if you haven't worked out in a while.) 
I brought my fiance (fit guy, used to wrestle) there, and he vomited because the cardio was so intense. 

But... don't get scared. The great thing about these workouts and classes is that even people (like me) a little bit out of shape can take breaks, modify the exercises... no one was forced to do anything, I always pushed myself as far as I wanted to. But the people in the class... Let's say most of them ran 10 miles before the cross-training class (which is an hour.) Fittest people ever. However they were all really nice and encouraging. If you are looking for challenge, do it. It is so worth it. 

Also the combination of fast cardio and strength is really cool. If you go to an actual cross-fit gym, you might do more weight lifting than cardio, so it depends on what you like. 

Coming back to the app... You get to chose whether you want to do TABATA workouts, HIIT etc... then you get a list of what to do and you execute the routine with a timer going on. It is really nice if (once again) you don't have access to a gym and don't have much workout material. 


logo to look for
how it works


No comments:

Post a Comment