Saturday, December 29, 2012

Some great workout apps + quick workout ideas

I got a tablet for Christmas from my future in-laws, it was the best present EVER. 
I have been addicted to it for a few days now, and of course I have tried to find some great and free workout apps with it. 

The first set of apps I found is very cool. Look for 'Daily Cardio Workout' app, as well as 'Daily Ab Workout', 'Daily Leg Workout' (there is also a daily arm and butt workout). Here are the logos of the apps: 


Look for these logos!


My friend showed me the ab workout app, then I downloaded the rest of the free apps. 

The workouts (let's take the example of the cardio app) consist of 10 rounds of 30-1minute exercises. Butt kickers, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, step ups... you name it! There is barely no pause in between the exercises, so you just go through 5-10 minutes of high cardio/abs/leg exercises, etc. 

You can do the workouts anywhere; the ones I used did not require any accessories whatsoever. 

The cardio app is pretty intense. There are lots of jumping/fast-pace cardio exercises, so if you have back/knee/ankle issues, please consult a physician before trying it. 
The ab app is pretty killer as well! I only do the 5 minute version and by the time I am done my abs are a burning hell. 

The great thing about combining the cardio and the ab app is that both workouts engage the core a lot so if you are looking to have stronger core muscles these are perfect workouts! 

Here is  picture of how the app works. Just do what the fit lady does ;) 


Here are a few suggestions of complete 30 minutes workouts you can do by combining the apps. 
Don't forget to warm-up and stretch!

Here is the workout I did this morning with them: (Cardio/Abs)
Cardio app (10 minute version) > I was sweating a lot. 
Ab app (5 minute version) > Use a mat if necessary; I was cringing  a lot.
Cardio app again (5 minute version)
Then 10 minutes of yoga (I will talk about the yoga app in my next post). 
TA-DA ! That's 30 minutes of a complete cardio/strength workout right there. 

 Complete body workout:
Cardio app (10 minutes)
Ab app (5 minutes)
Arm app (5 minutes)
Leg app (5 minutes)
Butt app (5 minutes)

Upper body toning workout: 
Cardio App (10 minutes)
Arm app (10 minutes)
Ab app (10 minutes) 

Lower body toning workout:
Cardio App (10 minutes)
Legg app (10 minutes)
Butt app (10 minutes) 

So.. yeah you get the point, do some mix and match; be creative. If you haven't worked out in a while, don't be afraid to take breaks. It is pretty intense (at least for me!).



No comments:

Post a Comment